New Name, Same Mission
Who Is DVR Motorsports?
- We are a 501(c) 3 Nonprofit.
- With support from some great sponsor partners, we are still however largely a self-funded group of veteran and active duty personnel seeking additional financial and non-profit advisory support.
- We have an open invite to any veteran or active duty personnel to come out racing with us, in the cars, and we are committed to helping with travel/lodging costs if their financial situation is tough.
- There are no requirements to join except a DD214 form or an Active Duty CAC card.
- We have a 2023 race schedule focused on BITD and potentially a few others throughout the race season.
The DVR Motorsports team is more than just a race team, it's a family. When I was invited out to drive for DVR I had a small idea about what the race team was about, what I didn't realize is that everybody is so determined to help our veterans and get them the exposure into the off-road racing industry.
If it wasn't for the DVR, I would not have had the opportunity to expand my racing goals into the off-road industry.
I was assigned to 1/2CR over in Vilseck, Germany when one of my good friends Keith Thompson told me about DVR Motorsports and how they bring together veterans and active duty military to enjoy the sport of off-road racing.
When I met the team I instantly felt a sense of comradery with everybody and was immediately welcomed into the family, that was when I understood why mike created this organization. Just being able to come home after being overseas for two years and just go out and race with an amazing group of people is what its all about, and its something that every veteran or active duty member should be able to enjoy.